TBIH Break-Over Wrenches (Interchangeable Head)
The Mountz TBIH is a small torque wrench ideal for applications with limited space. Torque range suitable for micro, low, and medium torque applications.
Preset wrenches are ideal for fastening applications where operators repeatedly assemble parts at the same torque setting and ensure that the correct torque value is consistently applied to each fastener by reducing the risk of the operator tampering with settings.
The TBIH wrench breaks over once it achieves its preset torque setting, signaling the operator to stop applying torque to the fastener or bolt. The wrench improves the fastening process by reducing either over or under-tightening risk.
The flexible preset wrench can adapt to different fastening applications as it is compatible with varying head options like an open end, box end, flare end, hex key end, or a ratchet head.
Head interchangeability is intended for use during recalibration to allow reconfiguring tools for different applications. They are not intended to be interchanged as a normal part of a manufacturing process.
If you need a break-over tool with clean room compliance or a higher torque range, see the Mountz TBX break-over wrench.
NOTE: Due to branding changes TBIH wrenches may be shipped with varying engraving designs during our update process. This change does not impact product functionality.
Safeguarding Against Fastening Failures
- Torque limiting wrench improves control of the tightening process and reduces the risk of over and under-tightening
- The preset wrench ensures that the correct torque value is consistently applied to each fastener by reducing the risk of operator tampering with settings
- The break-over mechanism provides a visual indicator of achieving torque setting, improving productivity
- Interchangeable end fitting design—selectable head types and sizes
CHOOSE THE MODEL BELOW FOR PURCHASING DETAILS
- Torque ranges from 25 ozf.in to 50 lbf.in. Suitable for low to medium torque applications.
- Handle 5” Length x 9/16” Diameter.
- Torque limiting wrench improves control of the tightening process, reducing the risk of over and under-tightening to deliver repeatability, traceability, and precision for tightening applications.
- A preset wrench ensures that the correct torque value is applied consistently to each fastener by reducing the risk of the operator tampering with settings. This tool has no external adjustment scale and is set using a torque analyzer.
- Unique interchangeable end fitting design— we offer selectable head types and sizes, including open end, box head, hex key, and ratchet heads.
- We manufacture interchangeable heads with a common centerline, so the torque setting remains unchanged when changing head sizes.
- The break-over mechanism provides a visual indicator of achieving torque setting, improving productivity. The tool only operates in a CW direction.
- Six different colored aluminum handles allow for color-coding of specific torque values in production areas.
The preferred and certified ranges of these tools is in accordance with the requirements of ISO 6789 (+/- 6% of indicated setting).
First, select the model (handle color and torque range), then select a head. The flexible TBIH wrench can adapt to a variety of interchangeable head fittings.
Calibration & Service:
- Torque Analyzers & Sensors: If torque tools slip out of calibration, that could impact the quality of your products. An accurate way to regularly test calibration onsite is a great way to reduce risk and ensure safety. With Mountz torque analyzers and sensors, you can test tools before they go into service daily or weekly.
- Hex Step Adapters: When performing torque wrench calibration or testing, adapters are often needed, especially with torque wrenches with open-end heads. Mountz’s calibration hex step adapter features three or four common sizes, increasing the productivity of your torque wrench calibration process. This adapter will make testing and calibration efficient and straightforward.
- Prepaid Calibration Vouchers: Book service and maintenance in advance to ensure your tools are always in top condition and ready to use. Add this service to any tooling purchase.