TorqueLab® LTT-Series Torque Analyzer
Mountz LTT-Series torque analyzers provide engineers and metrology professionals with an advanced solution for calibrating, verifying, and maintaining tool performance. It is compatible with Mountz’s reaction and rotary sensors, including the ones with angle measurement capacity.
Torque tools go out of calibration with use. They must be checked periodically for wear or defective parts to maintain consistent accuracy. Regularly auditing and validating tooling calibration is essential for reducing errors in your assembly process, ensuring compliance with international standards and preventing product defects for all manufacturers.
A torque analyzer is a vital instrument for a quality control program. Investing in a torque testing solution eliminates downtime and expenses for shipping tools back and forth to an outside service center. It allows you to calibrate instruments more often and reduce calibration turnaround times and costs.
The torque tester can be used with hand or power torque screwdrivers and wrenches. Use the built-in transducer within your torque range applications or purchase additional torque sensors with different torque ranges to calibrate and validate various tools.
The LTT is compatible with rotary torque sensors for joint testing and verifying a power tool’s performance. When testing power tools, operators must use a run down adapter to ensure reading accuracy and prevent damage to the torque analyzer.
Easily connect Mountz torque sensors to the Mountz LTT via cable using plug-and-play ARC II technology. Manufacturing teams can connect torque sensors and analyzers with a Mountz multiplexer.and easily switch between up to 4 sensors.
Regular tool calibration and torque testing processes ensure repeatable accuracy and adherence to international standards. With its easy-to-use interface, the Mountz LTT torque analyzer provides quick and easy torque tool validation and calibration.
Calibrate, Validate, and Maintain Your Tools
- Measure, test & calibrate hand & power tools to ensure proper torque is applied and reduce manufacturing errors on your assembly line.
- Easily verify that a tool’s in calibration or setting to validate tool performance.
- Improve Traceability: Document and create a historical record of your torque readings.
- Record & store torque measurement data with software included with purchase; no subscription required.
- Use one analyzer with many torque sensors. Plug & Play with Mountz torque sensors. Features ARCII technology, an instant auto-recognition system of the sensor connected to the LTT.See the accessories section to learn how to connect them easily.
- Built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery. High-capacity Li-Ion batteries for long life (30 hrs with standard torque sensors and 16 hrs with brushless rotary sensors).
- ISO 17025 calibration certificate included with analyzer purchase.
- Measure, test and calibrate hand & power tools to ensure proper torque is applied and reduce manufacturing errors on your assembly line.
- Instantly verify that a tool is still in calibration to validate tool performance on the assembly line.
- Recommended for hand screwdrivers, wrenches or power tools.
- Stores a total of 5,000 data points
- Define testing parameters and acceptance criteria for collecting tool measurements on the device and download them to a PC later.
- Real-time data export via included software. Clock for time stamping of readings. Use a USB connection for data streaming to a PC for live data collection and graphing capabilities.
- Features a built-in transducer and can connect to external torque sensors.
- EZ-Plug & Play with Mountz torque sensors. Features ARCII technology, an instant auto-recognition system of the sensor connected to the LTT.
- Operates with torque & force sensors. Compatible with all Mountz sensors: reaction and rotary, brushless and non-brushless, as well as those equipped with angle measurement capacities.
- Torque and Angle data is displayed simultaneously when used with Torque and Angle sensors, up to 8000 RPM for angle measurement.
- Easily connect up to 4 torque sensors using the Mountz multiplexer.
- Selection of six operation modes: (Track, Peak, First Peak, Audit, Spindle Audit, and Torque + Angle).
- Seven units of torque measurements: (ozf.in, lbf.in, lbf.ft, cN.m, N.m, kgf.m, kgf.cm). Two units of force measurements: (lbf and kN).
- Easy to use built-in tool tests operation.
- Features Go / No Go visual indicator. LEDs that illuminate when high or low setting is achieved.
- Easy-to-use menu, a six-digit display.
- Five low-pass filter selections (3000, 2000, 1500, 500 and 200 Hz)
- Features a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery. High capacity Li-Ion batteries for long life (30 hrs with standard torque sensors and 16 hrs with brushless rotary sensors).
- ISO 17025 calibration certificate included with purchase.
Torque Verification & Calibration:
Data Collection and Analysis:
Mountz Quality Standards:
Accuracy ± 0.5% of reading from 20% to 100%
Accuracy ± 1% of reading from 10% to 20%
Standard Torque Sensors: Plug and play to expand your torque measurement range.
Rotary Torque Sensors: In-line rotary torque sensors allow you to directly measure the torque and angle a power tool applies to an actual application, giving you the most accurate measurement possible. Rotary torque sensors can also be used to conduct first movement tests, torque studies and audits.
- RTSX torque sensor
- RTSX-A torque & angle sensor
- BLRTSX brushless torque sensor
- BLRTSX-A brushless torque and angle sensor
Cables for connecting Torque Sensors to LTT:
Cables must be purchased to connect torque analyzers and sensors.
- Cable to connect BMX to LTT analyzer
- Cable to connect MTX to LTT analyzer
- Cable to connect RTSX to LTT analyzer
- Cable to connect RTSX-A to LTT analyzer
- Cable to connect BLRTSX or BLRTSX-A to LTT analyzer
Improve Your Calibration Process:
Multiplexer: Connect 1-4 torque sensors to the PTT or LTT torque analyzer. Switch between sensors manually or automatically.
Bar Code Reader: It is designed for users who want the ability to scan barcodes on tools and start tool tests automatically with LTT.
Mounting Brackets: Use a mounting bracket to securely mount your sensor or analyzer to a workstation for improved performance and product protection.
Battery Pack: Replacement battery for Mountz LTT torque analyzer.
Torque Wrench Calibration:
Calibration Hex Step Adapters: When performing torque wrench calibration or testing, adapters are often needed, especially with torque wrenches with open-end heads. Mountz’s calibration hex step adapter features three or four common sizes.
Power Tool Calibration:
Standard Run Down Adapters (RDA’s): These are joint simulators that provide consistent and reliable torque readings for use with power-driven torque control tools. RDAs reduce the impact and irregular peaks that cause poor repeatability. Each RDA has an effective torque range and will supply repeatable torque data within that range if used correctly. The run-down adapter is mounted in line between the tool drive and the transducer.
Analyzer Maintenance and Calibration:
Maintain and calibrate your tools on-site by purchasing calibration equipment to use in-house. The organization that owns the tool must determine a suitable calibration frequency that meets their needs based on the history of equipment performance, application, degree of usage, and management objectives.
For most organizations, we recommend 6-month or 12-month calibration intervals.
Calibration Wheels and Calibration Segment Arms: Engineered for calibrating torque analyzers and sensors and ensuring instruments are traceable to National or International Standards, such as N.I.S.T and ISO.
Calibration Hangers and Weights: Calibrated Dead Weight are the official means by which torque analyzers and torque sensors are calibrated and are traced to National or International Standards, such as N.I.S.T, and ISO.